This policy is valid from December 13, 2009 and may be changed at any time, without notice. This policy is not retroactive and posts made before October 23rd do not necessarily adhere to these policies. Small changes and additions may be made to this policy without being noted in any special way in the text.
Statement of Religious Standing
For Love of Education is a secular-homeschooling-focused blog written by and edited by Kristina Brooke Daniele. She and her family are atheists and she is personal Anti-theist. While she knows that this may turn some people off, she believes in freedom of religion and freedom from religion. To this end, she does not generally review, promote, or advertise religious-centered materials as she tries to keep this blog 100% secular in it’s focus.
Compensation levels will be stated clearly at the end of any post that mentions a product, service or location that is covered by any of the levels listed below (or possibly within a post if there are many products listed, such as a gift list). If no compensation level is listed, it is to be assumed that there was no compensation involved with the post or any products, services or locations mentioned in the post. For the purposes of these levels user does not consider transportation to and from a local event, or food consumed at an event, as compensation. Compensation refers to cash, gift certificates, products, or services.
- Grade K: Kristina has no significant relationship with any product, service or brand mentioned in this post.
- Grade 1: The product or service mentioned was provided to Kristina free of charge (or at a considerable discount not available to the public).
- Grade 2: The product or service mentioned was provided free of charge and Kristina was compensated to post about the product or service.
- Grade 3: Kristina was compensated for inserting links from a specific website into this post.
- Grade 4: Kristina was compensated for including a product in pictures or videos in this post.
- Grade 5: Kristina was compensated for attending the event mentioned in this post.
- Grade 6: Kristina was compensated for posting about the event mentioned in this post.
- Grade 7: Kristina was provided with transportation, food, lodging, tickets, and/or other incidentals for the trip mentioned in this post.
- Grade 8: Although not specifically compensated for this post, Kristina has an ongoing relationship with a company or person connected with a product, service or location mentioned in this post that Kristina feels may have influenced his/her decision to post about it.
- Grade 9: Products or services were provided to Kristina to give away in a contest.
- Grade 10: Products or services were provided to Kristina to give away in a contest and to keep for his/her own use or for review.
- Grade 11: Kristina was compensated for administering this contest.
- Grade 12: The product or service mentioned advertises directly with Kristina’s website.
- College: This is a sponsored post. Kristina was compensated to write this post. While Kristina”s opinions in the post are authentic, talking points may have been suggested by the sponsor.
- Grad School: Kristina is under contract with the company, product or service mentioned in this post. While not specifically paid for this post, Kristina is paid by the company to attend events and write about the company/product/service. Kristina receives free samples of the product, special access to the company, and all of Kristina’s costs are covered when attending events related to the company.
- Bringing Home Bacon: Kristina works for the company mentioned in the post on a freelance basis.
If Kristina is given free products of minimal value at a conference, event or meeting that are being given to all attendees, such as bags, books, water bottles, small product samples, coupons, etc., he/she does not consider these items as compensation and will not necessarily disclose them when talking about a product.
A whopping “THANK YOU” to Amy of Selfish Mom for making her AMAZING compensation levels available to others!