We’ve been schooling for six weeks already and I can’t believe that I did not post what we are using yet. If you’ve been following along, you know that we changed how we are doing things again as last year was an epic failure! To start, I set our homeschooling goals, and then I organized our year. Then, I went through all of the materials that we already own and created a record of them using Book Crawler, as explained by The Ever Scholar. Once I had an idea of what we already owned, I was able to figure out what we were going to use.
- All About Reading Level 3 (we are finishing this up and then will move to Level 4)
- Interactive Reading Literature Notebook and Novel Notes for Any Fiction Book
- Discovering Fiction Student’s Book 1: A Reader of American Short Stories
- Various Novels, Short Stories, and Poem
Spelling / Vocabulary
- All About Spelling 3 and 4
- Wordly Wise: we were going to use this but she has outgrown this program. The words are too easy and we are bored.
- Vocabulary words from novels and from Fix It: The Nose Tree. She will also be keeping a Vocabulary Notebook.
Grammar and Writing
- Math Mammoth (2, 3, and 4). We have used so many different math programs, but this one seems to be the most helpful in building her math confidence. She took the placement exam and can skip to level 3 but I think that I am going to test her and see if she can go right to four.
- We are starting MEP Math 3 with this too as she needs the supplement.
- Singapore Math
- Marvel Heroes: Math Made Easy
Science and Technology
- Further exploration of Prehistory Curriculum that I created (not ready to share yet)
- Tinker Crate
- Minecraft Coding
- Web Design
- The Podcast History of Our World
- Usborne Encyclopedia of World History
- Sheppard Software
- Black Lives Matter (a biography unit that I created)
- Various Living History Books
Art and Music
- Art for Kids
- Music Theory
- Minimus Level 1
- Rosetta Stone Latin
- Sports Club
- EA Active and Wii Fit