The Classics (as deemed by an all-white panel of really old men) are a necessary addition to your child’s knowledge bank. It’s so important to have a strong foundation. Here are a few of my favorite short stories that I believe are child-friendly. We will be reading (and sometimes re-reading) these in the next week. These do not link anywhere as you can easily find them online by doing a simple search.
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
- The Selfish Giant by Oscar Wilde
- Thumbelina by Hans Christian Andersen
- Aesop’s Fables
- The Red Shoes by Hans Christian Andersen
- The Frog Prince by The Brothers Grimm
- The Star Child by Oscar Wilde
What are some of your favorite classic short stories for children?